During the past 4 years in Amsterdam I collected quite an amount of suggestions for a nice meal out. Some would say I return to these places a bit too often and that I should switch to something new. While in the process of doing just that, I thought of sharing my top places list with you guys. There’s no other more inspiring place for myself and Manu to discuss blog stuff than over brunch or lunch – you’ll find us mostly at no. 1 and no. 5. When thinking back and getting all nostalgic about my first year in Amsterdam, I will probably head out to no. 3. The first list I put together instantaneously. Then I moved to creating a nice and international list for a great dining experience – the focus is mostly on cozy and with the option of adding some spice to your food :)
Breakfast – Brunch – Lunch
- Bakers and Roasters
- Little Collins
- Le Pain Quotidien
- Beter en leuk
- The Lobby at hotel V
- De Bakkerswinkel
- Pasta & Basta – surprise concept, would not miss.
- Ciro passami l’olio – Some more Italian but with a Romanian twist – always return here with pleasure to find the lovely Italian/Romanian hospitality.
- Mangiamore– you can never get tired of Italian & while going here you’ll find the absolute best pizza in town.
- Genki Sushi – you can never go wrong with Japanese, they have some awesome sushi!
- Mata Hari – cozy, very nice food and a great place for dates :D
- Café de Klos – going all barbarian over your plate of steak :)
- Rosa’s Cantina – Mexican delice, great drinks and lovely atmosphere.
- Abyssinia – great fun sharing an African plateau with spicy delights, to go to with friends.
- Foodism – Fusion & brilliant combinations.
- Bazaar – Moroccan treats, great from starters to sweets.
- Blauw – Indonesian must-have on the list.
+ All of it in one place: Foodhallen
Hoping to make an exchange forum out of this post, I’m inviting you guys to shoot your suggestions. Inspired by the Spotted by Locals community, I thought you guys might find this list handy for your next visit in Amsterdam. Last but not least, we need to keep you away from those nasty touristy traps :D